Engineer 1 - Structural
Job Title: Engineer 1 - Structural
Reports to: Senior Structural Engineer
Date: June 2018
Summary/Objective: Design and draft structural engineering systems for a variety of project types including, clubhouses, hotels, retail centers, office buildings and marinas. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction under the leadership of a Sr. Engineer and Project Manager.
Develop study reports, analyses, designs and construction documents related to structural components, building framing system and other structures.
- Review shop submittal, provide review comments and respond to RFI’s.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including civil, MEP, FP and architectural.
- Assist Sr. Engineers in other engineering related tasks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering (EI is a plus) – Minimum GPA 3.5
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
- Loyal, High Degree of Integrity and Honest
- Strong Work Ethic with an Affinity for Rapid Learning
- Great Customer Service
- Culture Fit
- Passionate about Solving Design Challenges and Producing High Quality Designs before or by the deadline
- Resilient, Positive Attitude and Collaborative
- Pro-Active, Productive and Ambitious
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe PDF
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize while utilizing time management skills in meeting deadlines
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the time is spent on a computer or in an office environment. There may be a need to stoop or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 10 lbs). Travel is limited.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work a flexible schedule is required and may require overtime, as needed.
RGD Consulting Engineers participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel that you might be a match for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter stating your qualifications to Dale Kramer. Please title the subject as "Engineer 1 - Structural," resumes received that do not have this subject line will not be accepted.