South Jupiter Community Park Phase II Construction Underway
Photo Courtesy of Aerial Photography on behalf of Collage Construction/Integrated Services.
October 2014 -- Construction has started on the South Jupiter Community Park Phase II. Crews are in the process of clearing the 13.6 acres of land to make way for the 4.2 million project, which is expected to be open to the public in August 2015.
The first phase, consisting of a skate park, hockey rinks, racquetball courts, basketball and tennis courts, was completed in 2003. Phase II, which originally was planned to be baseball fields, was revised in 2013 to include the following elements:
- Parking lot expansion, 180+ spaces
- Four (4) lighted multi-purpose fields
- Sports lighting and electrical infrastructure
- Concession/ restroom building with storage for athletic leagues
- Mulch trail
- Irrigation for sports fields and landscaping
- Grading, Drainage, and Utility Infrastructure Improvements to support above mentioned amenities
The park will be the new home for the Jupiter Tequesta Athletic Association, which currently meets at Jupiter Community Park. The new fields will offer more opportunities for community participation. Additionally, the town will be able to offer more fitness activities, including adult soccer and adult flag football.
RGD was the MEP and structural engineer for this design-build project. Our engineers have worked extensively with Architecture Green and Collage Construction.