Junior Mechanical Engineer
About RGD Consulting Engineers
RGD is a full service engineering firm based out of South Florida. For over 28 years, RGD has been providing architects, facility managers and owners the highest quality of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection solutions.
RGD offers unique opportunities to grow professionally by working across multiple clients, projects, engineering disciplines and industries. Our team works together to deliver completed projects with the utmost professionalism, teamwork and detail design.
Provide engineering consulting and design services for a variety of clients to include commercial, federal and private under the guidance a senior mechanical engineer. Provide engineering series for the full life cycle of projects from conceptual planning to completed construction.
- Analyze and design mechanical systems for a variety of facilities.
- Develop design and construction documents, including flow diagrams, plans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules and calculations.
- Size and specify mechanical equipment, including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, compressors etc.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural, to create and update drawings and main documentation.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Assist Sr. Engineers in other engineering related tasks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills: Self-motivated and works effectively in team or individual situations, excellent communication skills and ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and activities simultaneously, organize and prioritize work activities, while utilizing efficient time management skills in meeting deadlines or staying on schedules with projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a similar discipline (EIT is a plus)
- 0-3 years of experience
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, proficiency is a plus
- Basic knowledge of BIM/Revit, proficiency is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.