Job Title: Mechanical Designer
Reports to: Senior Mechanical Designer
Date: June 2018
Summary/Objective: Responsible for the design and layout of HVAC systems, plumbing and fire sprinklers in the Mechanical department.
- Perform heating and cooling load calculations, equipment selection, air distribution layout & design.
- Reviews design project for code compliance.
- Identifies and selects equipment from appropriate manufacturing catalogs for specific applications.
- 5+ years of commercial and residential design experience.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD MEP Suite and Revit (a plus).
- Chilled water and VAV system experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel to complete tasks and meet project deadlines
- Loyal, High Degree of Integrity and Honest
- Strong Work Ethic with an Affinity for Rapid Learning
- Great Customer Service
- Culture Fit
- Passionate about Solving Design Challenges and Producing High Quality Designs before or by the deadline
- Resilient, Positive Attitude and Collaborative
- Pro-Active, Productive and Ambitious
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
- High attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize while utilizing time management skills in meeting deadlines
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most of the time is spent on a computer or in an office environment. There may be a need to stoop or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 10 lbs). Travel is limited.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work a flexible schedule is required and may require overtime, as needed.
RGD Consulting Engineers participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you feel that you might be a match for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter stating your qualifications to Dale Kramer. Please title the subject as "Mechanical Designer," resumes received that do not have this subject line will not be accepted.