Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
RGD is a full service engineering firm headquartered in Jupiter, FL with locations in Orlando and Naples. For over 28 years, RGD has been providing architects, facility managers and owners the highest quality of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection solutions.
RGD Consulting Engineers is a growing firm supported by a talented and experienced team of engineers. Each of our employees offer a unique skill set to complement our creative and collaborative work environment. Together we strive to provide the highest integrity of engineering solutions to ensure complete client satisfaction.
RGD offers unique opportunities to grow professionally by working across multiple clients, projects, engineering disciplines and industries. We are looking for motivated, talented individuals who have a desire to excel and a passion for designing innovative engineering solutions. Our employees are our most valuable asset, which is why we are committed to helping our team advance their talent and expertise through project work and continuing education.
Provide engineering consulting services and lead design team members for a variety of clients in various sectors. Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel. Provide engineering services for the full life cycle of projects, from conceptual planning to completed construction. Responsible for the total management of specific projects including personnel, quality, client expectations and profitability.
- Lead the mechanical design team for a variety of clients.
- Coach and develop less experienced staff.
- Planning, design, & production of mechanical building systems using AutoCAD MEP or REVIT.
- Develop and manage design and construction documents including flow diagrams, plans and sections, details, specifications, equipment schedules, and calculations.
- ize and specify mechanical equipment including air handling units, chillers, cooling towers, compressors, etc.
- Undertake site surveys, field investigations, condition surveys and feasibility studies for proposed projects and prepare reports.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including site civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, controls and architectural to create and update drawings and main documentation.
- Ensure that cost, customer service, quality, schedule and safety are incorporated into the design from commencement through completion.
- Design of systems that meet green building standards.
- Address questions and issues during construction.
- Proactively work on best practices, engineering guidelines and internal procedures.
- Maintain internal and external networks to be informed of new developments in the field.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 10-15 years Mechanical engineering design (HVAC, plumbing and fire protection) experience with commercial and residential architectural projects. For the Orlando position, must have strong experience in the Orlando market.
- Strong project management experience with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Licensed engineer in the State of Florida, but if not, must have a current NCEES record to be able to obtain a Florida license.
- Must be in good standing and without past disciplinary actions.
- Prefer experience with energy modeling, REVIT, Trane Trace, existing building systems conditions reporting and life cycle cost analysis.
- Proven successful project history in the coordination of Cost, Customer Service, Quality, and Schedule.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite.
RGD offers a competitive salary as well as a full suite of benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K with Match, paid time off, and paid Company Holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Please no phone calls or Recruiters. Qualified applicants will be contacted.